Sunday 17 April 2016

Battle Arena Statue FInal: Rigging, Posing, and Implementing

After attatching a premade human-shaped skeleton to the mesh (which acts as the "Skin") I posed the arms and placed a sword, I also used the "Paint Skin Weights" tool to adjust which areas of the model bent to which joint. I found this to be rather difficult for the hand but eventually I got it figured out, here is the final pose:



I then implemented the statue into the maya file and made some adjustments:

The floor of the plaza has been changed to blend in more with the environment's theme.

I used a particle system to create a fire effect.

I animated a fish to leap out of the water at the end.

I also added vines to break up the sameness of the maze, and also replaced the other statue placeholders with colourless versions of the centre statue with no fire.

Overall I am happy with how the statue came out, but I do feel that it differs greatly from my original model sheet, and there are a few low-poly elements which make some edits difficult. Rigging also felt hard. Perhaps in future I could attempt to use the knowledge I gained from this into making another model with more style.

No comments:

Post a Comment