Thursday 26 November 2015

3D Game Environment Intro: Putting the Models Together

Since my last post I have recreated my environment in Maya, using my map as a useful reference, after having built everything I loaded them into Unity 5, where I scaled up, placed and refined the environment. Now I have begun putting in the game objects that the player will be able to interact with as well as having lit the environment:

Outside view
Inside the capsule: The starting location
The platform. Tickets all over the place to pick up
The hall, there are 3 paths, 2 of which are blocked
The tunnel where a ghost is meant to appear, I made them by drawing a 2D image and I put it onto a plane, as it would be easier than modelling one.
At the top of the stairs is a right turn to the exit.
The outside, which is for aesthetics only.

 Ghost when left alone.
 
Ghost when approached.
In the timespan I have left for this project, I may not be able to achieve voice acting for the main character, so I will at least hope to achieve subtitles for this prototype, as well as that I still have to script the doors, tickets, the ghost and the lights. I have also forgotten to implement the "Ring For Help" button, however this was merely intended for adding some extra dialouge, asides this there are going to be a few differences from the storyboard draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment