Wednesday 9 December 2015

3D Game Environment Intro: Adding Functionality and Final Build

Using the Standard Assets from the Unity Asset Store I started to implement functional doors and events using Unity's scripting engine and the components of game objects. As such I have been able to achieve the capsule door opening and closing, dialogue via subtitles on the screen, a triggered "jumpscare" and also a event that differs depending if the player triggered it or not. I have also implemented voice acting.







This is how it looks in-game:





If the ghost is approached:




If ignored:




After a little refinement, I'm confident enough to call this my final build, and that it matches the requirements I was given, although it is rough around edges (but it is a prototype after all). Next time I make another greybox prototype I'll have to look into more in-depth gameplay rather than picking up tickets.

Assets Used:
Unity Standard Assets: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/ (16/10/15)
Ghost Music: Gaster's Theme - Undertale (2015) (26/11/15)
Sound Effects: www.findsounds.com (26/11/15)
Piano Slam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fd7hj2gLOA (03/12/15)

No comments:

Post a Comment