Tuesday 13 October 2015

Life Drawing Task 3

As before we drew a live model, one we've drawn previously in fact. And just like my second session our group had to do some poses to warm up:

To make up for last session, I made an effort to be quicker when drawing these, although they seem a bit off I can see this speed helping me to quickly pick up and draw form.



I believe that for these drawings we were shown an example of an expression drawing, and the first two I made were done in a similar style to what I had seen, then we were told to use as few lines as possible and then use our left hand. After this we picked our favourites and least favourites, the first two were my favourite because they had the best and most realistic form, wheras the last two were mishapen and off proportion.
Here we were instructed to use the side of our charcoal, which led to a dark shape on the left, after looking at other people's ideas I produced a "negative" image on the right, which retains some form.
Finally, we had two poses left: one to draw with peaceful music (on the left) and one with loud music (right). I noticed how with peaceful music my drawings have more curves as opposed to the loud music. Overall I can notice my anatomy and reference drawing skills improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment