Saturday 31 October 2015

Life Drawing Task 4

  In this session we had a male model, and we begun again with some practice drawings:
Although my first few were unfinished, I feel that overall I got most of the form and shape right.

Next, the model walked around the room and we were instructed to capture their movement, I found this really difficult as I couldn't read and remember the exact form of the figure, so I attempted at doing "skeletons" to represent what I could remember.


Despite the simplistic lines, I still couldn't capture the feeling of movement, perhaps this is another skill I could work on in the future?

After this, we went back to drawing the model in a stationary pose, but this time we would use 2 mediums: I chose a biro pen, graphite and a yellow marker (which is a little difficult to make out).


Although I enjoyed using the finer mediums, I feel that they resulted being off proportion or mishapen, perhaps it was because I wasn't used to them. The graphite however was a nice size and gave a good line thickness.

Lastly, with a medium of our choice, we would draw the model and move to the next person's canvas, where we would add to their drawing. My choice was the yellow marker.
 What I enjoy about this is how the contrast between yellow and green seems to add to the pencil shading as its own light and dark, which I find to look very impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment